- Renowned Travel Author Rick Steves Urges Voters to Back Marijuana Legalization Initiatives in NovemberRick Steves wrote: “I've campaigned for marijuana legalization in six different states — Washington, Oregon, Massachusetts, Maine, Illinois, and Michigan — and in each one, we’ve been successful. The post Renowned Travel Author Rick Steves Urges Voters to Back Marijuana Legalization Initiatives in November appeared first on NORML.
- A Founder Looks at 50: The Boston Common Bust – Of Course We Were Smoking a Joint! Why Else Would We Be at the Freedom Rally?One of them grabbed me by the shoulder, showed me his police badge and shouted, “You are old enough to know better than to be smoking marijuana,” as he placed me under arrest...They seemed far more upset that two old men were smoking pot! The post A Founder Looks at 50: The Boston Common Bust […]
- Justice Delayed Is Justice Denied: MORE Act Vote PostponedIt is with a heavy heart that we make this post. Despite an unprecedented level… The post Justice Delayed Is Justice Denied: MORE Act Vote Postponed appeared first on NORML.
- Vermont: Lawmakers Finalize Marijuana Retail Sales LegislationMembers of a bicameral conference committee have finalized an agreement on Senate Bill 54, legislation regulating the commercial production and retail sale of marijuana to adults. The post Vermont: Lawmakers Finalize Marijuana Retail Sales Legislation appeared first on NORML.
- NORML Files Amicus Brief to the Supreme Court Challenging Cannabis’ Schedule I Prohibited Status Under Federal Law"The only resolution to this constitutional conflict is for the Supreme Court to invoke the doctrine of estoppel to prevent the federal government from reversing course and retroactively penalizing that which it has protected in fostering state cannabis programs and effectively legalizing it.” The post NORML Files Amicus Brief to the Supreme Court Challenging Cannabis’ […]